More Useful Stuff
- +Zero to Hero Week 6: This Guy Has Found 3 Plant-Based Protein Powerhouses That Actually Work
- +5 Ways You Will Start Butchering Meat The Right Way
- +Your Cheat Sheet To Instantly Start Eating Healthier (And Staying Leaner)
- +Pushing 40 And You Still Haven't Found The One?
- +This One Snack Will Upgrade Your Cardio Gains
Image by Men’s Health
There’s no need to fill your kitchen with useless cooking gadgets. The less clutter you have, the more efficiently you can pull together delicious meals fast.
But no man should be without a kitchen blowtorch. These potent sources of firepower can blister-roast hot peppers for pizza, crisp up cured meats, and even sear certain proteins.
Blowtorched Wild Salmon Bites
What you’ll need:
1 Tbsp mayonnaise
½ Tbsp powdered wasabi mixed with water till thickened
½ lb salmon, sliced ½-inch thick
½ large cucumber, sliced ¼-inch on the diagonal
1.75 oz contain salmon roe (optional)
Soy sauce and sesame seeds, for garnish
How to make it:
1. In a small bowl, stir together the mayo and wasabi. Set aside.
2. Using a kitchen blowtorch, torch the salmon on a heatproof surface until the flesh is slightly charred on both sides.
3. Top each cucumber slice with a dab of the spicy mayo, a blowtorched salmon slice, a few salmon eggs, a little soy sauce and sesame seeds. Makes about 12 servings, as an appetizer.
Nutrition per four: 548 kilojoules, 16g protein, 2g carbohydrates (0g fiber), 6g fat