More Useful Stuff
- +Be Wary Of The Hype: The Myth Of Superfood
- +Here's What Just One Day Of Binge Eating Does To Your Body
- +You Probably Don't Need to Eat As Many Fruits and Vegetables As You Think
- +Cooking At Home Can Help You Lose Weight and Drop Body Fat
- +Is Turmeric Actually Good For You? Here's What You Need to Know
These four steps will help you master the meat
By Lauren Bedosky
Grilling the perfect steak is an essential life skill for any man. Luckily, all it takes is a little know-how. Once you’ve nailed the process and timing, you’ll be able to whip up some chops any time the situation—or your stomach—calls for it.
Here, we give you the lowdown on how to make sure your meat is done just right. Because trust us, no one wants to bite into a steak the texture of rubber or charred wood. We recommend grilling up a ribeye, an incredibly versatile cut with the ideal ratio of fat to meat.
What You Need:
2.5 cm thick ribeye steak
Salt and pepper to taste
How to Do It:
Season the raw meat with salt and pepper to taste.
Grill steak over direct medium-high heat for 6 minutes per side for medium doneness.
Let the steak rest for 5 to 10 minutes.
Check doneness by pressing the steak in the center. It should be barely yielding, like a squash ball.
Originally published on menshealth.com