More Useful Stuff
- +14 Delicious Easy Lunches That Will Help You Lose Weight
- +How You Can Hack The Bread Aisle To Find The Healthiest Loaf
- +8 High-Protein Breakfasts That Aren’t All about Eggs
- +FAT HACK: The Fit Guy’s Guide To Eating Fast Food Without Piling On Pounds
- +How Pasta and Potatoes Can Actually Help You Lose Weight
According to Nicus, the nutrition information centre at the University of Stellenbosch, men between the ages of 19 and 50 should eat at least 25g of fibre a day for maximum protection against heart disease. Need some help reaching your quota? Try these tricks for finding fibre
Read The Box
Pick a cereal that contains more than 10g fibre per serving. We like Kellogg’s All- Bran Flakes,which packs 18g of fibre per 100g.
Snack On Berries
One cup of raspberries or blackberries contains eight grams of fibre. Fill a bowl with a cup of eachand top with yoghurt for a sweet alternative to cereal.
Bulk Up Your Smoothies
Mix ¼ cup of flaxseed into any smoothie to add 12g of fibre.
Make Everything Mexican
One whole avo contains 13g fibre, on top of loads of monounsaturated fats. Slice one on top of a salad, a sandwich or even scrambled eggs.
An Apple A Day
A medium-sized apple (with skin) packs an impressive three grams of fibre – not bad for an instant snack.