More Useful Stuff
- +Why 3 Out Of 4 People Who Think They Have a Food Allergy Are Really Wrong
- +Swap This One Item On Your Dinner Plate And You'll Instantly Burn Calories - And Poop More!
- +Nope, These Superfoods Will Not Cure Cancer Or Make Your Penis Bigger
- +Do This With Your Finger To Make Healthier Food Choices
- +Cut The BS: Nutritionists Reveal The Biggest Weight Loss Porkies They’ve Ever Heard
According to Nicus, the nutrition information centre at the University of Stellenbosch, men between the ages of 19 and 50 should eat at least 25g of fibre a day for maximum protection against heart disease. Need some help reaching your quota? Try these tricks for finding fibre
Read The Box
Pick a cereal that contains more than 10g fibre per serving. We like Kellogg’s All- Bran Flakes,which packs 18g of fibre per 100g.
Snack On Berries
One cup of raspberries or blackberries contains eight grams of fibre. Fill a bowl with a cup of eachand top with yoghurt for a sweet alternative to cereal.
Bulk Up Your Smoothies
Mix ¼ cup of flaxseed into any smoothie to add 12g of fibre.
Make Everything Mexican
One whole avo contains 13g fibre, on top of loads of monounsaturated fats. Slice one on top of a salad, a sandwich or even scrambled eggs.
An Apple A Day
A medium-sized apple (with skin) packs an impressive three grams of fibre – not bad for an instant snack.