More Useful Stuff
- +What You Eat Could Be Causing Your Depression
- +Transform Club: This Guy Is Going From Fat To Fit For His Wedding Day
- +This Man Lost 10 kgs, Gained a Killer Six-Pack and a Higher IQ
- +From Zero To Comrades Hero In 8 Months
- +Eating To Pack On Muscle And Strip Fat: How Sam Heughan Got Shredded For Our Cover Shoot
Make these five changes and you’ll burn more fat.
Drink tap or mineral water, not purified water. In a Swiss study, purified water didn’t boost men’s metabolic activity, but water that contained minerals did.
Use olive oil, not flaxseed oil. Both are sources of omega-3s, but olive oil triggers a larger post-meal burn than flaxseed oil does, according to a Canadian study.
Whey protein is better than casein protein. A Swiss study found that it has a larger thermic effect than casein protein has, meaning it requires more kilojoules to digest.
Oolong tea trumps green tea. Both can elevate your energy expenditure, but oolong tea’s jolt is more than twice that of green tea, a study from Japan found.
CHEESE AND BREAD
Eat Cheddar on wholegrain bread, not that processed stuff on white. Whole foods can boost your post-meal burn by up to 87%, Pomona College reports.