More Useful Stuff
- +Protect Your Junk From Catching Herpes - It's More Common Than Most Guys Realise
- +How You Can Last Longer In Bed: Advice From A Sex Therapist Who Beat Premature Ejaculation
- +STUDY: Diabetes Can Be Cured With A Calorie Restricted Diet, A New Trial Showed
- +Would Condoms Ruin Porn?
- +NSFW: Can Your Sex Life Be Like A Porno?
Prepare yourself for crunch time with this homemade granola
Tired of oats for breakfast? Try my homemade granola. It, too, contains heart-healthy oats, but it’s also loaded with other nutritious ingredients – such as almonds, flax, wheatgerm and whey protein. Pour fat-free milk over it for cereal, or take it with you when you’re on the go.
3 cups quick-cooking oats
½ cup whole roasted, unsalted almonds
3 tbsp whole flaxseeds
1 cup toasted wheatgerm
4 scoops vanilla whey-protein
1 tsp cinnamon
2 tbsp brown sugar
3 tbsp honey
1 cup water or apple juice
2 tbsp raisins
3 tbsp dried cranberries
3 tbsp chopped dried dates
In a large bowl, mix all the ingredients except the three dried fruits. Coat a baking pan with non-stick cooking spray and preheat the oven to 180°C. Spread the mixture in the pan and bake for 90 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes, until it’s browned and crunchy. Remove from the oven and let the granola cool completely. Now stir in the raisins, cranberries and dates