More Useful Stuff
- +Forget Running - You Can Burn Double The Calories Doing This
- +Cut The BS: Nutritionists Reveal The Biggest Weight Loss Porkies They’ve Ever Heard
- +The Chest Workout You Will Love to Hate
- +11 Positions You Should Definitely Try For Maximum Penetration During Sex
- +Protect Your Junk From Catching Herpes - It's More Common Than Most Guys Realise
What You’ll Need
½ CUP FRESH CORIANDER LEAVES
1 LARGE EGG
1 TBSP LEMON JUICE
2 TSP DRAINED CAPERS
½ TSP DIJON MUSTARD
1 GARLIC CLOVE, MINCED
3 TBSP EXTRA-VIRGIN
OLIVE OIL, PLUS EXTRA FOR BRUSHING
200g ASPARAGUS SPEARS, PREFERABLY THICK
1 TUNA STEAK (250G, 2.5CM THICK)
1. Preheat the grill to direct, medium heat.
In a blender or food processor, purée the coriander, egg, lemon juice, capers, mustard and garlic; add salt and pepper.
Drizzle in the oil; mix well, being careful not to overblend.
2. Lance the asparagus with 2 bamboo skewers to make a “raft.”
Brush the asparagus with oil and season with salt and pepper.
Oil and season the tuna as well.
3. Grill the tuna and asparagus, turning both once or twice, until the fish is golden and just cooked through, about 6 minutes total and the asparagus are slightly charred and tender, about 8 minutes.
Remove the skewers; serve the asparagus with the fish. Drizzle the sauce over both.
(Leftover sauce will keep in the fridge for three days.)
Makes 1 serving
Certified organic eggs come from birds raised without antibiotics. As a result, they contain less antibiotic-resistant bacteria than nonorganic eggs, according to a 2010 study from Germany. The raw egg makes the sauce in this meal extra creamy, but if you’re at all concerned about the risk of foodborne illness, just skip the huevo.