More Useful Stuff
- +One Of the Best Lower-Body Exercises On the Planet Just Got Even Better
- +The local driver who went from Playstation to Ferrari, just got SA colours
- +Can You Squat More Than A 46kg Woman? Probably not this one!
- +Think You'd Notice If You Had A Heart Attack? Think Again
- +This 5-Move Workout Will Get You Absolutely Shredded
What You’ll Need
2 LARGE MILD CHILLIES, STEMS REMOVED
3 LARGE ORANGES
2 GARLIC CLOVES
¼ TSP DRIED OREGANUM
1 SMALL PORK TENDERLOIN (400G)
180G KALE, STEMS AND RIBS REMOVED, THINLY SLICED
2 TSP WHITE WINE VINEGAR
2 TBSP EXTRA-VIRGIN OLIVE OIL VEGETABLE OIL, FOR BRUSHING THE GRILL
1. Heat a dry griddle pan on medium. Toast the chillies until fragrant, about 1 minute. Remove the seeds and veins and soak the chillies in cold water until soft.
2. Squeeze ¾ cup plus 2 Tbsp juice from 2 oranges. Cut the top and bottom from the third orange to expose the fruit. Then cut off the peel and pith from the sides.
Halve the orange lengthwise and then cut each half into slices. Reserve.
3. In a blender or food processor, puree the chillies, ¾ cup OJ, the garlic, the oreganum and salt to taste. Put the pork in a dish; rub with ¼ cup sauce. Marinate for 30 minutes at room temperature.
4. Preheat your grill for indirect heat. In a bowl, massage the kale with the 2 Tbsp OJ and the vinegar.
Add the olive oil and orange slices.
5. Cook the pork on an oiled grill over direct heat until grill marks appear on all sides, 8 to 10 minutes.
Move it to indirect heat, shut the lid and cook, turning occasionally, until the pork hits an internal temp of 60°, about 10 minutes.
Let it rest at least 10 minutes.
6. Divide the kale salad between 2 plates. Slice the meat and place atop the salad. Serve with sauce.
Makes 2 servings.