More Useful Stuff
- +Researchers Are Developing a Pill That Helps You Lose Weight and Lets You Still Eat Carbs
- +How Sam Heughan Forged A Body Worthy Of A Scottish Highlander
- +6 ‘Healthy’ Foods You Should Cut Back On If You Want to Lose Weight
- +You Might Be Taking the Wrong Form Of This Common Supplement
- +Can Drinking Green Tea Cancel Out Your Crappy Diet?
01/ Get-Big Mac
Soften celery, onion and grated apple in a pan: it’ll add weight without extra fat. Mix with 500g of minced beef, a beaten egg, a sprinkle of tarragon and breadcrumbs for a protein payload. Scrunch together and split into eight patties. Then get grilling.
02 / Low-GI Slider
No meat, but plenty of slow-release energy. Bake three spuds for 40 minutes and mash. Now get your hands dirty: mix with sweet corn, garlic, paprika and honey. Bind with egg and breadcrumbs, as needed, and grill until crispy on the outside.
03 / Metabolic Whopper
Pork loin has less fat than many cuts of chicken. Mix 570g (minced) with ginger, curry powder and allspice – a triple hit for your metabolism. Add in a glug of apple juice and a handful of oats until the consistency thickens, then cook your burger and pig out.
04 / Kilojoule Pounder
Lamb and Mushroom
Each patty weighs in at 418 kilojoules lighter than shop-bought beef. Mix 570g extra-lean lamb mince, garlic, mushrooms, cumin, hazelnuts and a dash of Worcester sauce. Add the egg, hold the bread, grill and enjoy.