More Useful Stuff
It’s about time cheese steaks became a breakfast food
Can’t figure out if you want breakfast or dinner? Smash the two together with this simple recipe that combines a meaty, cheesy steak sandwich with a hearty, eggy omelet. Watch the video above to see how to make it, and for easy reference, follow the instructions below.
Protein-Loaded Cheesesteak Omelet
What you’ll need:
- 2 tsp oil
- 100 grams steak, thinly sliced*
- 1/2 cup onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 large eggs, whisked
- 1 slice cheese
How to make it:
1. In a large nonstick skillet over medium-high, heat 1 tsp oil.
Add the rib eye and cook until browned, about 5 minutes. Add the onion and red bell pepper and cook until the onions soften, about 3 minutes.
Season with salt and pepper. Transfer everything to a plate.
2. Using paper towels, wipe the skillet clean. Lower the heat to medium-low and add the oil.
When the oil is hot, add the eggs. Cook until the eggs set, about 3 minutes.
Add the steak, onions, and peppers to the center of the pan, top with the provolone, fold the edges of the omelet onto itself, and transfer to a plate.
Makes 1 serving.
*Make steak slicing easier: Place the steak in the freezer for 10 minutes. That way, the steak will be semi-hardened, allowing your knife to cut through the meat more easily.
Nutrition per serving: 615 calories, 50g protein, 10g carbs (2g fiber), 41g fat