More Useful Stuff
- +Cut The BS: Nutritionists Reveal The Biggest Weight Loss Porkies They’ve Ever Heard
- +8 Foods You Had No Idea Could Put You To Sleep
- +Yes, It’s Possible to Overdose On Coffee. Here's What To Do If You Drank Too Much
- +14 Delicious Easy Lunches That Will Help You Lose Weight
- +7 Things You Do In the Morning That Make You Feel Tired All Day
What you’ll need
450g lamb sirloin, ground
(see Skill 1)
½ tsp ground coriander
½ tsp freshly ground pepper
2 tsp salt
1 tbsp mayonnaise
1 tbsp sour cream
1 tbsp milk
1 tbsp harissa paste (find it in the international section of the supermarket)
4 slices Gruyere cheese
4 good quality rolls, toasted
⅓ cup chopped spring onions
How to do it
1 Sprinkle the lamb with the coriander, pepper, and 1 tsp salt; fold until blended,
about 1 minute. Divide the meat into quarters and form into 1cm patties. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
2 In a bowl, combine the mayo, sour cream, milk, harissa, and 1 tsp salt. Set aside.
3 On a hot, well-oiled grill or cast-iron pan set on medium high, cook the patties until seared, 1 to 1.5 minutes. Flip them and top each with Gruyere. Cook until medium rare, 1 minute more.
4 Place the burgers on the bottom part of the buns. Slather the cut sides of the
top buns with the sauce and sprinkle with scallions. Close the buns and serve.
Makes 4 burgers