More Useful Stuff
- +Cut The BS: Nutritionists Reveal The Biggest Weight Loss Porkies They’ve Ever Heard
- +8 Foods You Had No Idea Could Put You To Sleep
- +Yes, It’s Possible to Overdose On Coffee. Here's What To Do If You Drank Too Much
- +14 Delicious Easy Lunches That Will Help You Lose Weight
- +7 Things You Do In the Morning That Make You Feel Tired All Day
1. CHICKEN BRAISED IN SOY SAUCE AND LEMON
Brown bone-in chicken pieces in a few tablespoons of olive oil. Remove them and stir in some chopped garlic. Add the minced zest of a lemon, a pinch of cayenne, 2 tablespoons soy sauce, 1 teaspoon sugar and 1/ 3 cup water; stir. Add the chicken, cover and simmer. Turn the pieces once; the dish will be done in about 15 minutes. Add lemon juice and more soy sauce to taste.
2. GRILLED CHICKEN WITH PESTO SAUCE To make the pesto, puree 2 cups fresh basil, 1 garlic clove, a pinch of salt, 2 tablespoons pine nuts, ½ cup grated Parmesan and ½ cup olive oil in a blender or food processor. Season 500g chicken cutlets with salt and pepper. Cook them, turning once, about eight minutes total. Paint with pesto and serve.
3. CHICKEN KEBABS WITH SPICY PEANUT SAUCE Cut boneless chicken thighs into chunks. Shake on salt and pepper. Thread onto skewers and grill for about 12 minutes. For the sauce, combine the minced zest and juice of a lime, 1 tablespoon each peanut oil and soy sauce, 2 tablespoons each minced garlic, chopped coriander and peanut butter, a pinch of cayenne and 1 chopped onion.