More Useful Stuff
- +6 ‘Healthy’ Foods You Should Cut Back On If You Want to Lose Weight
- +You Might Be Taking the Wrong Form Of This Common Supplement
- +Can Drinking Green Tea Cancel Out Your Crappy Diet?
- +Transform Club: This Guy Is Proving That 38 Is Not Too Late To Build Your Dream Body
- +Use this Guy's Secrets to Ditch Kilos, Realise Your Dreams & Get in the Shape of your Life
1. CHICKEN BRAISED IN SOY SAUCE AND LEMON
Brown bone-in chicken pieces in a few tablespoons of olive oil. Remove them and stir in some chopped garlic. Add the minced zest of a lemon, a pinch of cayenne, 2 tablespoons soy sauce, 1 teaspoon sugar and 1/ 3 cup water; stir. Add the chicken, cover and simmer. Turn the pieces once; the dish will be done in about 15 minutes. Add lemon juice and more soy sauce to taste.
2. GRILLED CHICKEN WITH PESTO SAUCE To make the pesto, puree 2 cups fresh basil, 1 garlic clove, a pinch of salt, 2 tablespoons pine nuts, ½ cup grated Parmesan and ½ cup olive oil in a blender or food processor. Season 500g chicken cutlets with salt and pepper. Cook them, turning once, about eight minutes total. Paint with pesto and serve.
3. CHICKEN KEBABS WITH SPICY PEANUT SAUCE Cut boneless chicken thighs into chunks. Shake on salt and pepper. Thread onto skewers and grill for about 12 minutes. For the sauce, combine the minced zest and juice of a lime, 1 tablespoon each peanut oil and soy sauce, 2 tablespoons each minced garlic, chopped coriander and peanut butter, a pinch of cayenne and 1 chopped onion.