More Useful Stuff
- +BUSTED: 6 Promises Weight Loss Pills Make That You Should Never Believe
- +Cut This One Thing Out Your Diet And You Won't Wake Up To Pee In The Night
- +The 5 Exercises Every Guy Should Master & Why
- +Doctors Make Mistakes. Here’s How to Help Them Get Your Diagnosis Right
- +Can Watching Porn Really Screw Up Your Relationship?
Ostrich & Quinoa Burger
By Stephanie Johnson, The Recovery Café
250g Ostrich Mince
250g Cooked Quinoa
Dill, Parsley And Mint
1⁄2 Lemon, Juice And Zest
Garlic Clove, Minced
1⁄2 tsp Paprika
1⁄4 tsp Himalayan Salt
4 Seeded Pitta Breads
Salad & Coriander
WHAT TO DO
1 Ostrich is a top source of tryptophan – an amino acid with proven mood- lifting powers. Place the mince in a bowl with the other burger ingredients, then roll your sleeves up and mix with your hands. Once combined, divide into four small patties.
2 Fry the patties, in a dash of oil for six minutes on one side, then five minutes on the other, before serving in a seeded pita with tomato, chopped cucumber, mixed leaves and fresh coriander.
3 This burger’s flavour alone is enough to put a smile on your face, but seal the deal with an extra dollop of tryptophan-rich hummus in place of your usual (and likely sugary) condiment. Serves 2