More Useful Stuff
- +14 Delicious Easy Lunches That Will Help You Lose Weight
- +8 High-Protein Breakfasts That Aren’t All about Eggs
- +Feed Your Muscles And Your Sweet Tooth With This Banana Pumpkin Protein Shake
- +Your Full Guide To Whey Protein Supplements
- +This Is Why You Should Chow A Cheese Steak Omelet For Breakfast
Bring an international flavour to your next braai
According to Professor Faye M Dong of the University of Washington, calamari is an excellent source of copper, an essential dietary mineral that helps to form haemoglobin and collagen, and assists in reactions that lead to the release of energy by the body.
● 400g calamari tubes
● Juice and zest of 2 lemons and 2 limes
● ½ cup (125ml) extra virgin olive oil
● 6 bay leaves
● Salt and pepper to taste
The game plan
Rinse and pat dry the calamari tubes, and place in
a bowl with the bay leaves, lemon and lime juice and olive oil. Marinate for at least 30 minutes. Thread five or six tubes onto each skewer. Grill over a fierce heat for five to seven minutes, basting with the dressing. Make extra marinade for the watermelon salad.
THE SIDE DISH: ORANGE AND WATERMELON SALAD
Peel four large, juicy oranges and slice into 1cm pieces. Take a quarter of a large watermelon, slice into triangles and remove the seeds. Pour over the extra dressing used to marinate the calamari and chill.