More Useful Stuff
- +This One Snack Will Upgrade Your Cardio Gains
- +This Guy Shed 50kg Of Fat (With One Easy Fix)
- +How Sugar Is Sweet Talking You Away From A Better Body
- +The Waiter Is Calling All The Shots When You Eat-Out. Here's How To Take Back Control
- +Never Think About Food Again: This Guy's 5-Step Mealplan Has You Covered
Scientists at Wake Forest University in North Carolina have discovered that simply eating one beetroot a day can help fight Alzheimer’s.
This is due to its high levels of nitrates, which your mouth bacteria turns into nitrites. These chemicals dilate your blood vessels, increasing flow and oxygen delivery. The frontal lobes of the brain need this oxygen to prevent deterioration as you age, making beetroot the most impressive salad ingredient there is… as long as you don’t spill it down your front.