More Useful Stuff
- +The Surprising Health Risk Of Your Gluten-Free Diet
- +Cut The Carb Crap: This Is What You Should Be Eating
- +The 3 Best Things You Can Do For Your Diet This Year
- +Cut The BS: Nutritionists Reveal The Biggest Weight Loss Porkies They’ve Ever Heard
- +How You Can Hack The Bread Aisle To Find The Healthiest Loaf
Scientists at Wake Forest University in North Carolina have discovered that simply eating one beetroot a day can help fight Alzheimer’s.
This is due to its high levels of nitrates, which your mouth bacteria turns into nitrites. These chemicals dilate your blood vessels, increasing flow and oxygen delivery. The frontal lobes of the brain need this oxygen to prevent deterioration as you age, making beetroot the most impressive salad ingredient there is… as long as you don’t spill it down your front.