More Useful Stuff
- +Be Wary Of The Hype: The Myth Of Superfood
- +Lessons From This Man Who Dropped 26kg & Found A Whole New Lease On Life
- +There's Actually a Way to Reverse Diabetes—Here's How You Can Do It
- +Eat These Common Foods to Cut Your Risk Of Colon Cancer
- +This Man Lost 64 kg After Cutting Out These Foods From His Diet
Scientists at Wake Forest University in North Carolina have discovered that simply eating one beetroot a day can help fight Alzheimer’s.
This is due to its high levels of nitrates, which your mouth bacteria turns into nitrites. These chemicals dilate your blood vessels, increasing flow and oxygen delivery. The frontal lobes of the brain need this oxygen to prevent deterioration as you age, making beetroot the most impressive salad ingredient there is… as long as you don’t spill it down your front.