More Useful Stuff
- +8 Foods You Had No Idea Could Put You To Sleep
- +Yes, It’s Possible to Overdose On Coffee. Here's What To Do If You Drank Too Much
- +14 Delicious Easy Lunches That Will Help You Lose Weight
- +Use This Super-Easy Trick To Make Your Steak More Tender
- +How You Can Hack The Bread Aisle To Find The Healthiest Loaf
CREATE A PIZZA OVEN
To create a crispy, evenly-cooked, pizzeria-style pizza, you’ll need to jury-rig your oven. Crank the heat to its maximum setting (usually 260°C) and preheat two pizza stones or baking sheets on the top and middle rack. The surfaces will help radiate heat around the pizza.
PREP THE CRUST
In a bowl, toss your dough (store-bought or, better, from a pizzeria) with a mix of ¾ cup of semolina and a ¼ cup of all-purpose flour. On a floured surface, stretch the dough to make a 30-to-35cm crust.
APPLY BASIC TOPPINGS
Transfer the crust to a floured pizza peel or pizza box lid. Spoon on your favourite jarred sauce or some crushed, canned tomatoes. Add slices of mozzarella that you’ve patted dry.
BAKE AND FINISH
Slide the pizza onto the middle rack’s stone or sheet and bake until the crust is golden brown and the cheese is melted, eight to 12 minutes. Finish with easy, no-cook toppings (pick up to five): rocket, grated Parmesan, grated Pecorino Romano, goat’s cheese, Gorgonzola, red-pepper flakes, prosciutto, capicola, fresh basil, fresh oregano. Then garnish with a drizzle of olive oil.
*Source: Tony Gemignani, 10-time world pizza champion.