More Useful Stuff
- +5 Times People Got So Hangry They Nearly Killed For Their Food
- +Your Supper, Sorted: Beef Kebabs And Sweet Potato Chips
- +Do This With Your Finger To Make Healthier Food Choices
- +5 Festive Season Food Hacks To Stop You Eating Til You Feel Bloated And Guilty
- +Your New Favourite Recipe. This Is The Single Best Way to Cook a Steak
CREATE A PIZZA OVEN
To create a crispy, evenly-cooked, pizzeria-style pizza, you’ll need to jury-rig your oven. Crank the heat to its maximum setting (usually 260°C) and preheat two pizza stones or baking sheets on the top and middle rack. The surfaces will help radiate heat around the pizza.
PREP THE CRUST
In a bowl, toss your dough (store-bought or, better, from a pizzeria) with a mix of ¾ cup of semolina and a ¼ cup of all-purpose flour. On a floured surface, stretch the dough to make a 30-to-35cm crust.
APPLY BASIC TOPPINGS
Transfer the crust to a floured pizza peel or pizza box lid. Spoon on your favourite jarred sauce or some crushed, canned tomatoes. Add slices of mozzarella that you’ve patted dry.
BAKE AND FINISH
Slide the pizza onto the middle rack’s stone or sheet and bake until the crust is golden brown and the cheese is melted, eight to 12 minutes. Finish with easy, no-cook toppings (pick up to five): rocket, grated Parmesan, grated Pecorino Romano, goat’s cheese, Gorgonzola, red-pepper flakes, prosciutto, capicola, fresh basil, fresh oregano. Then garnish with a drizzle of olive oil.
*Source: Tony Gemignani, 10-time world pizza champion.