More Useful Stuff
- +Why You Should Be Taking Probiotics If You Want A Flat Belly
- +Eat These 5 Foods To Slow Down Hair Loss
- +Swap This One Item On Your Dinner Plate And You'll Instantly Burn Calories - And Poop More!
- +Eat These 8 Best Foods For All-Day Energy
- +Are You Hangry Every Day? You Could Have A Metabolic Problem
CREATE A PIZZA OVEN
To create a crispy, evenly-cooked, pizzeria-style pizza, you’ll need to jury-rig your oven. Crank the heat to its maximum setting (usually 260°C) and preheat two pizza stones or baking sheets on the top and middle rack. The surfaces will help radiate heat around the pizza.
PREP THE CRUST
In a bowl, toss your dough (store-bought or, better, from a pizzeria) with a mix of ¾ cup of semolina and a ¼ cup of all-purpose flour. On a floured surface, stretch the dough to make a 30-to-35cm crust.
APPLY BASIC TOPPINGS
Transfer the crust to a floured pizza peel or pizza box lid. Spoon on your favourite jarred sauce or some crushed, canned tomatoes. Add slices of mozzarella that you’ve patted dry.
BAKE AND FINISH
Slide the pizza onto the middle rack’s stone or sheet and bake until the crust is golden brown and the cheese is melted, eight to 12 minutes. Finish with easy, no-cook toppings (pick up to five): rocket, grated Parmesan, grated Pecorino Romano, goat’s cheese, Gorgonzola, red-pepper flakes, prosciutto, capicola, fresh basil, fresh oregano. Then garnish with a drizzle of olive oil.
*Source: Tony Gemignani, 10-time world pizza champion.