More Useful Stuff
- +8 Surprising Things That Happen To Your Body When You Stop Drinking Booze
- +Here’s Another Scientific Benefit Of Drinking Beer, Because You Deserve Good News
- +Ever Wondered How Beer Goggles Work? Now You Know
- +7 Health Reasons You Should Knock Back A Beer Right Now
- +BUSTED! Undeniable Proof That Beer Is Good For You
Sharing the occasional beer with your partner, may reduce her and your chances of developing rheumatoid arthritis (RA), according to a new study.
When researchers from analysed data from 82,472 women, they found that women who drank between 5 and 10 g of alcohol (around one drink) a day, were 22% less likely to suffer from rheumatoid arthritis (RA).
RA is described as by Mayo Clinic as, “a chronic inflammatory disorder that typically affects the small joints in your hands and feet.”
This benefit of beer is not just applicable to women. An earlier study found that people who drank alcohol moderately were four times less likely to develop RA. The study also found that occasional drinkers, who suffered from RA, experienced 20 to 30 percent less pain and inflammation than teetotallers.
Looking to widen your beer drinking horizons? Check out these craft beers.