More Useful Stuff
- +Lessons From This Man Who Dropped 26kg & Found A Whole New Lease On Life
- +There's a Strange Link Between Your Weight & Your Spouse's
- +This Is How Long Sex Actually Lasts For Most Couples
- +13 Variations Of The Plank That Will Sculpt Your Core To Perfection
- +Be A Part of The Vodacom Red #BullsFamily Fun Day!
Lean Venison Scotch Egg
By Dom Hamdy & Oli Hiam, Scotchtails
Handful Thyme Leaves
400g Venison Mince
1⁄2tsp Grated Nutmeg
WHAT TO DO
1 ￼ Boil four eggs in salt water for exactly six min- utes and 15 seconds before transferring to a bowl of ice water. Leave them for five minutes, then dry, peel and dust with flour.
2 ￼ In a bowl, mix the thyme into the mince, season with salt and pepper and shape into four patties, before wrapping them around the eggs. You won’t miss pork – Purdue University found that meats similar to those eaten by Palaeolithic-era man have a better ratio of brain-boosting DHA-rich fats, so venison makes for a smart tweak to this pub grub staple.
3 ￼ Put some flour and nutmeg, two beaten eggs and the breadcrumbs into three bowls and coat the eggs in each one (in that order). Then double-dip in the eggs and breadcrumbs before shallow frying for 14 minutes. Serve hot – with a helping of smug. Serves 4