More Useful Stuff
- +These 5 Small Little Details Will Make Or Absolutely Wreck Your Look
- +How Do You Stop Burning Yourself Out - Advice From A Coach Who Knows His Sh!t
- +This Your Goto Next Time Someone Drops The "But I Don't Have Time To Workout" Excuse
- +Listen Up: Here Are 4 Ways Your Brain Will Suffer If You Stop Working Out
- +Make These 7 Tiny Changes And You'll Lose 5kgs
Lean Venison Scotch Egg
By Dom Hamdy & Oli Hiam, Scotchtails
Handful Thyme Leaves
400g Venison Mince
1⁄2tsp Grated Nutmeg
WHAT TO DO
1 ￼ Boil four eggs in salt water for exactly six min- utes and 15 seconds before transferring to a bowl of ice water. Leave them for five minutes, then dry, peel and dust with flour.
2 ￼ In a bowl, mix the thyme into the mince, season with salt and pepper and shape into four patties, before wrapping them around the eggs. You won’t miss pork – Purdue University found that meats similar to those eaten by Palaeolithic-era man have a better ratio of brain-boosting DHA-rich fats, so venison makes for a smart tweak to this pub grub staple.
3 ￼ Put some flour and nutmeg, two beaten eggs and the breadcrumbs into three bowls and coat the eggs in each one (in that order). Then double-dip in the eggs and breadcrumbs before shallow frying for 14 minutes. Serve hot – with a helping of smug. Serves 4