More Useful Stuff
While holiday treats are especially tempting, overeating is a year-round public health problem contributing to the expanding obesity epidemic and its related health consequences.
Nine tools for overcoming cravings:
1) Keep blood sugar levels even
2) Cut back or eliminate the use of artificial sweeteners
3) Manage stress in other ways
4) Make alternative plans for situations that trigger cravings (take a pocketful of healthy snacks to the movie theater, for example)
5) Try an elimination diet to see if you have food allergies/sensitivities
6) Practice saying “no” to all sorts of things that are not good for you (it gets easier with practice)
7) Add physical activity
8) Get enough sleep
9) Try natural supplements that may help reduce the intensity of cravings.