More Useful Stuff
- +8 Foods You Had No Idea Could Put You To Sleep
- +Yes, It’s Possible to Overdose On Coffee. Here's What To Do If You Drank Too Much
- +14 Delicious Easy Lunches That Will Help You Lose Weight
- +Use This Super-Easy Trick To Make Your Steak More Tender
- +7 Things You Do In the Morning That Make You Feel Tired All Day
The Hartman Group highlights trends that have changed the food culture of the last 20 years.
The ten they say have been good:
Mealtime is Anytime
Fresh Is the Real Thing
Starbucks Perfect Oatmeal
Exclusivity of Scarcity
“Say No to Plumping” (a TV ad that highlighted hidden industrial food processing), and Greek Yogurt.
Ten they say have been bad or gone sour:
Artisanal (the word has been co-opted by the food industry)
Food Pyramid (no one follows these things, why bother)
The Real Hell’s Kitchen (and reality food shows in general)
Man vs. Food (shows that glorify gluttony are just wrong)
Marketing to Mom (when mom is defined as a stay-at-home mom in a nuclear family) Gluten-free (when it means highly processed)
Better For You
Not much discussion is included for each one, but some are thought provoking, nonetheless.