More Useful Stuff
- +Women Reveal The One Thing That Instantly Attracts Them To You
- +5 Times People Got So Hangry They Nearly Killed For Their Food
- +Feel The Burn In Just 4 Minutes With This Insane Burpee Workout
- +Are Your Testosterone Levels Normal?
- +These Guys Revealed The One Thing They Would Do If It Wasn't Considered Too "Girly"
Kick up your warmup: A quick squat drill can help your leg muscles fire more explosively, a Spanish study suggests.
After swimmers did 4 reps of a high-load squat exercise, they not only dived farther and faster but also kicked more powerfully, improving their 100-meter swim performance.
The researchers think the drills incites a phenomenon called “post-activation potentiation,” which primes your muscles to generate powerful strength.
Try split jumps (4 per side) right before you begin your sport or training session.