More Useful Stuff
- +Zero to Hero Week 6: This Guy Has Found 3 Plant-Based Protein Powerhouses That Actually Work
- +5 Ways You Will Start Butchering Meat The Right Way
- +Your Cheat Sheet To Instantly Start Eating Healthier (And Staying Leaner)
- +Pushing 40 And You Still Haven't Found The One?
- +This One Snack Will Upgrade Your Cardio Gains
Kick up your warmup: A quick squat drill can help your leg muscles fire more explosively, a Spanish study suggests.
After swimmers did 4 reps of a high-load squat exercise, they not only dived farther and faster but also kicked more powerfully, improving their 100-meter swim performance.
The researchers think the drills incites a phenomenon called “post-activation potentiation,” which primes your muscles to generate powerful strength.
Try split jumps (4 per side) right before you begin your sport or training session.