More Useful Stuff
- +One Of the Best Lower-Body Exercises On the Planet Just Got Even Better
- +The local driver who went from Playstation to Ferrari, just got SA colours
- +Can You Squat More Than A 46kg Woman? Probably not this one!
- +Think You'd Notice If You Had A Heart Attack? Think Again
- +This 5-Move Workout Will Get You Absolutely Shredded
Kick up your warmup: A quick squat drill can help your leg muscles fire more explosively, a Spanish study suggests.
After swimmers did 4 reps of a high-load squat exercise, they not only dived farther and faster but also kicked more powerfully, improving their 100-meter swim performance.
The researchers think the drills incites a phenomenon called “post-activation potentiation,” which primes your muscles to generate powerful strength.
Try split jumps (4 per side) right before you begin your sport or training session.