More Useful Stuff
- +4 Rules For Getting Ripped At Any Age
- +"I Was The Fittest I’ve Ever Been & Then I Had A Stroke"
- +Is It Actually Possible to Be Allergic to Exercise?
- +This Guy Is Proof That No Excuse Is Too Big To Stand Between You And Your Goals
- +Lessons From This Man Who Dropped 26kg & Found A Whole New Lease On Life
Give them a try the next time you hit the gym
The average person doesn’t have several hours a day to spend at the gym. So when there is time to squeeze in a workout, you need exercises that are going to pack a serious punch. And combining core work with cardio will do the trick, allowing you to turn up the heat and build a shredded six-pack in the process.
Not only are mountain climbers are a great stabiliser and strengthener for the core, shoulders, and hip flexors, but they fire up your metabolism as well. You can also customise the focus of the exercise by either speeding up for greater cardiovascular emphasis, or slowing down for a greater core emphasis.
Combine all six mountain climbers shown in the video above into one workout to sculpt your core and make your heart pound, or add them individually to your total-body circuits. Either way, it won’t take long for excess fat to melt away.
Originally published on menshealth.com