More Useful Stuff
- +Transform Club: This Guy Is Going From Fat To Fit For His Wedding Day
- +4 Backyard Items You Can Use as Weights for Workouts
- +Build Your Chest and Back with Just One Dumbbell
- +4 Underrated Gym Machines You Should Definitely Be Using
- +The Workout That Helped This 42-Year-Old Guy Sculpt His Six Pack Abs
Squash is great for fitness and stress relief. Improve your court capabilities today.
Enough with the same old workout. Your sports training should be targeted. This interval routine will help you play better and fire up your metabolism says its designer, exercise physiologist and running coach Dr Jason Karp.
Run Intervals with direction change
Use cones to mark an eight-by-eight metre square on a field. Start at the first cone and sprint to the second, quickly turn and shuffle sideways to the next cone, turn and sprint to the fourth cone, then shuffle sideways back to the start. Take a minute’s rest and repeat nine times.
Why it works
This drill improves your acceleration, agility and ability to react to an opponent’s shot, says Karp. For a more difficult challenge, place the cones (or other small objects) into different patterns that force you to sprint in varying directions and distances.