More Useful Stuff
- +This Guy Is Proof That No Excuse Is Too Big To Stand Between You And Your Goals
- +Lessons From This Man Who Dropped 26kg & Found A Whole New Lease On Life
- +13 Variations Of The Plank That Will Sculpt Your Core To Perfection
- +10 Deadlifts You Can Do With Just a Pair Dumbbells
- +How Sam Heughan Forged A Body Worthy Of A Scottish Highlander
Finish your workout with one minute of this 2-move combination, and you’ll leave the gym fully wiped out—but in a good way
Wrap up your workout with a metabolism-igniting bang by combining pushups with box jumps. You’ll work your upper and lower body while sending your heart rate—and fitness level—soaring, says Men’s Health Australia Fitness Advisor Cam Byrnes.
The other big benefit, Byrnes says, is that you don’t need much equipment for this. Whether you’re using a park bench or some stairs at home, this is a “do it anywhere” scorcher, he says.
Along with being a great way to finish a gym visit, this combo can also help keep your heart rate up if you mix in sets among your other exercises. Or, do more sets for a solid stand-alone workout, he adds.
To use it as a finisher, do as many pushups to box jumps as you can for 1 minute.