More Useful Stuff
The Cover Model Workout Circuit: Do the circuit below at least three times a week, with only 30 seconds rest in between each move. If you want to make this harder, you can aim for two or three circuits (only for advanced athletes).
1. Pull-ups – Do six to 10 pull-ups with an overhand grip. Start from a fully extended position where your arms are straight, and then pull yourself up until your chin is over the bar. If you can’t do it correctly with strict form, then do jumping pull-ups to begin with, or use an assisted pull-up machine.
2. Kettlebell Swings – Do 10 to 20 swings with a challenging weight. Hold the kettlebell in both hands (overhand grip) in between your legs, knees bent. Swing the kettlebell overhead, use a strong hip extension and drive down with your heels. Don’t stop until kettlebell is above your head, your arms extended straight upwards.
3. Speed Dead lifts – Use a barbell (with a total of 40kg) and aim for 20 reps. Start with the barbell on the floor, close to your shins. Using an overhand or mixed grip (as shown) and hold it slightly wider than shoulder width apart. Push through your heels to lift the barbell off the floor, and don’t stop until your legs are fully straight. Don’t use your back to lift the weight – keep a natural curve and your core contracted.
4. Clean and Press – Aim for 10 reps with a challenging weight. Start in the dead lift position. Pull the bar upwards by extending your knees and moving your hips forward while keeping your back straight and the bar close to you. Get under the bar in a squat position once it passes shoulder level. Rotate your elbows around and under the bar and rack the bar across your shoulders. Exhale as you press the bar up until your arms are straight overhead.
5. Sandbag Lunges – Do 40m (or 10 on each leg) Stand holding a sandbag across your shoulders and behind you head. Step forward with your right leg, and lower yourself into a lunge position while keep your torso upright and looking straight ahead. Don’t let your front knee go beyond your toes, and try to let your back knee touch the ground softly. Press back up to a standing position and then do the other leg.
6. Burpees with Medicine – Ball Slams Do 10 reps. Stand while holding a rocket bag or medicine ball overhead. Then throw it down onto the ground as quickly as possible. When the ball lands, get into a push-up position with your chest over the ball or rocket bag. Do one push-up (your chest needs to touch the ball) before jumping back into the start position in one explosive movement.