More Useful Stuff
- +How You Can Fall In Love With The Treadmill - Advice From A Guy Who Just Ran 80kms On One!
- +8 Ways Your Running Shoes Are Ruining Your Workout
- +BUSTED: Does Running Hurt Your Knees In The Long Run?
- +You Will Never Get Injured Again - Just Try This
- +Here's What You Can Learn From Babies, Birds And Buffalo To Improve Your Running
Jog for five minutes, then do each of these drills for 30 seconds. They will help you run on the balls of your feet.
1/ Arm Circles With Skip
As you skip, swing your arms in a forward circular motion as wide and as high as you can. After 30 seconds, swing backwards.
2/ Cross Body Toe Touch
every three steps, lift your leg as high as you can and swing your opposite arm to touch your elevated toes. Alternate sides with each rep.
3/ A-Skip With Knee-to-Chest
Skip, but every three steps lift your knee toward your chest. Alternate sides. This pushes you onto the balls of your feet.
Follow the “A” skip pattern, but kick your leg out in a quick burst once your leg reaches its apex. Try to do it as fast as possible.
5/ Fast-Leg High-Knees
Do a single high-knee as fast as you can, then jog a few steps and switch knees.
6/ Fast-Leg Butt Kicks
Your hamstrings and quads have opposing functions. But kicks warm up both. do a butt kick as quickly as you can, jog a few steps, and switch the kicking leg.
Photograph by Craig Kolesky/Red Bull Content Pool