More Useful Stuff
- +Protect Your Junk From Catching Herpes - It's More Common Than Most Guys Realise
- +How You Can Last Longer In Bed: Advice From A Sex Therapist Who Beat Premature Ejaculation
- +STUDY: Diabetes Can Be Cured With A Calorie Restricted Diet, A New Trial Showed
- +Would Condoms Ruin Porn?
- +NSFW: Can Your Sex Life Be Like A Porno?
STILL NOT SURE WHETHER you should be doing back or front squats?
Allow us to enlighten you: the Zercher is the variation you should actually be using. “It offers all the benefits of a back squat, without beating up your shoulders, wrists and hips,” explains former Soviet special forces instructor Pavel Tsatsouline. “And it works your core better than most abs-specific moves.” The weight is also easier to balance due to the lower centre of gravity, reducing injuries. And you can skip the bicep curls: the Zercher will hit them hard. Suddenly “legs day” doesn’t seem so bad.
01 Ensure your back is straight, not curved, and core tensed throughout.
02 Keep your fists close together or cup one hand inside the other.
03 Don’t wrap the bar with a towel: it’s lame, plus it can slide and hurt you.
04 Squat until your elbows touch your knees, thighs just parallel. Pause; drive up hard.
05 Shift the weight back onto your heels, feet slightly beyond shoulder-width apart.
Perform the Zercher twice a week: do 3 sets of 3 reps on one day and 3 of 5 on the other. “You will feel ready to walk through walls,” says Tsatsouline.