More Useful Stuff
- +The 12-Move Dumbbell Workout You Can Do Anywhere
- +Everyone's Favourite Bad Boy, Jason Statham's 5 Workout Rules
- +This Numbers Strategy Will Make Sure You Get Maximum Gains Out Of Your Gym Time
- +Why "21" Is The Magic Number Behind A Bigger Chest
- +Strengthen Your Weakest Muscles With This One Workout
If you want to pack on muscle fast, the old saying is true: you need to train smarter, not harder. Using five new principles of size, all it takes is three exercises, three days a week.
1. Bench press
3. Dead lift
Do 25 total reps of each exercise, using a weight you can lift four to six times before your speedslows down or your form changes. Rest about 60 seconds between sets.
1. Dumbbell single-arm shoulder press
2. Dumbbell single-arm row
3. Dumbbell lunge or step-up
Do 40 total reps of each exercise with each arm or each leg, using a weight you can lift 10 to 12times before your speed slows down or your form changes. Do all the reps of each exercise before resting. Rest 45 seconds between sets.
1. Barbell bent-over row
Do 15 total reps of each exercise, using a weight you can lift two to three times before your speed slows down or your form changes. Rest about 90 seconds between sets.