More Useful Stuff
- +Lessons From This Man Who Dropped 26kg & Found A Whole New Lease On Life
- +There's a Strange Link Between Your Weight & Your Spouse's
- +This Is How Long Sex Actually Lasts For Most Couples
- +13 Variations Of The Plank That Will Sculpt Your Core To Perfection
- +Be A Part of The Vodacom Red #BullsFamily Fun Day!
Shoulder health and mobility is important for more than just lifting heavy weights. It’s a vital component of wrestling, Muay Thai, and Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu—three of George St. Pierre’s fighting strengths. Here, St. Pierre uses “scapular wall slides” to activate and strengthen his lower trapezius, a muscle that helps control your shoulder blade and is often weak—whether you’re an average guy or a world-class athlete.
Do a scapular wall slide by placing your back flat against and the wall, spreading your arms above your head and then sliding them down the wall like you’re lowering a bar, making sure your lower back stays flat and that you fully engage your trapezius muscle.