More Useful Stuff
- +One Of the Best Lower-Body Exercises On the Planet Just Got Even Better
- +This 5-Move Workout Will Get You Absolutely Shredded
- +Forget Running - You Can Burn Double The Calories Doing This
- +How Much Of Your Body Build Can You Really Blame On Genetics?
- +This Is The Toughest Bodyweight Workout Your Upper Body Has Ever Encountered
Advanced martial artists all have one thing in common: devastating physiques. Here we show you how you can get the brutal muscular benefits of Systema and learn to execute a knockout move with deadly precision
Drop into your roll and keep your limbs close to your body so they take up minimal space on the ground (and to avoid them being stepped on). Now place your left hand by your opponent’s left foot. Resist the urge to shut your eyes.
Moving forward, draw your limbs in towards your core to accelerate the speed at which you rotate. As your head comes back to upright, extend your leg and unleash all centrifugal force and momentum into your foot.
Strike down towards his hip and upper leg with your heel. As your roll takes you up- wards and he falls, use your dominant position to set up a leg-lock, lifting his foot with your hand as you stand and tucking it under your armpit.
YOU NEED… TOTAL ATHLETICISM
The precise diving and rolling motion required is unconventional but highly effective. Use this strength/yoga combination to hit your physique in 360 degrees. Just keep breathing: “With full lungs you are obstructively rigid,” says Systema instructor Sam Benson.
Do This: The Twisting Crab