More Useful Stuff
- +10 Deadlifts You Can Do With Just a Pair Dumbbells
- +How Sam Heughan Forged A Body Worthy Of A Scottish Highlander
- +Transform Club: This Guy Is Shedding Fat And Reclaiming His Athletic Youth
- +9 Ways to Shred Your Core Using Only a Pullup Bar
- +Olympian Cameron Van Der Burgh's Gym Routine For Explosive Power
Your pelvic floor muscles could use a workout
The idea that exercising men’s pelvic floor muscles can produce sexual and urinary benefits was represented in a poster presentation at the Biennial Meeting of the Asia-Pacific Society for Sexual Medicine. Researchers in Indonesia recorded improvements in men with erectile dysfunction (ED) after a program of pelvic-floor muscle exercise sessions. After a month of exercise sessions 3 times per day at home, 11 of 18 patients had stronger erections based on the industry standard measure, the International Index of Erectile Function (IIEF). Three patients additionally reported increased bowel and bladder control after exercising their pelvic floor muscles for a month. Researchers believe this treatment program could be incorporated into current treatments for ED. The poster session summary did not mention if the exercises were illustrated along with this information.