More Useful Stuff
- +Your Workout Makes You Smarter For An Hour
- +The Chest Workout You Will Love to Hate
- +How to Make Your Upper Body Instantly Appear More Muscular
- +This Simple CrossFit Body Weight Workout Will Torch 14 Calories A Minute
- +These 3 Exercises Are The Antidote To The Hours You Spend Sitting In Your Office Chair
While the number of men with gym memberships has increased 16 percent since 2003, the number who hit the weights has dropped by an alarming 15 percent. Why alarming? Because lifting weights three days a week can…
Cut your risk of diabetes
In just four months, according to a Tufts University study. Weight training decreases blood-glucose levels and improves insulin sensitivity.
According to Harvard researchers who compared the benefits of weight training and cardio exercise over 10 weeks. The lifters experienced a greater mood boost.
Spike your testosterone
Levels can rise up to 49 percent, according to Finnish scientists. The hormone plays a key role in your overall mortality risk and, of course, your sex drive.
Save your brain from a stroke
According to a University of Michigan study, lifting weights decreases blood pressure, reducing the risk of a stroke by 40 percent.