More Useful Stuff
- +Protect Your Junk From Catching Herpes - It's More Common Than Most Guys Realise
- +How You Can Last Longer In Bed: Advice From A Sex Therapist Who Beat Premature Ejaculation
- +STUDY: Diabetes Can Be Cured With A Calorie Restricted Diet, A New Trial Showed
- +Would Condoms Ruin Porn?
- +NSFW: Can Your Sex Life Be Like A Porno?
Do your wrists bother you during pushups?
The pain is due to a lack of mobility in the joints, explains Men’s Health Fitness Director BJ Gaddour. The problem can happen to anyone who doesn’t spend a lot of time in a pushup position or anyone who spends a lot of time typing at a computer with their wrist joints in constant flexion.
But don’t let the pain stop you from cranking out one of the best chest and core builders of all time.
The simple drill shown in the video above will improve your wrist extension so your joints don’t give out before your muscles.
Gaddour recommends doing it for 2 to 5 minutes before your next pushup workout. Oscillate in and out, and add multi-directional movement so you hit all of the tight spots in the joints.
Bonus: Wrist mobility is often a limiting factor in the front squat, but this drill will help you hold the bar in the proper position.