More Useful Stuff
- +Lessons From This Man Who Dropped 26kg & Found A Whole New Lease On Life
- +There's a Strange Link Between Your Weight & Your Spouse's
- +This Is How Long Sex Actually Lasts For Most Couples
- +13 Variations Of The Plank That Will Sculpt Your Core To Perfection
- +Be A Part of The Vodacom Red #BullsFamily Fun Day!
This CrossFit Workout of the Day (WOD) burns an average 54 kilojules per minute, according to scientists at Kennesaw State University.
How to Do It
It’s effective because it pairs three exercises—5 pullups, 10 pushups, and 15 air squats— that work different major muscle groups, and you do as many rounds as possible in 20 minutes.
So if you’re in amazing condition, you can go all-out for each one, without slowing down or stopping to recover in between.
If you’re somewhat less than amazing (read: like most people), you simply rest when needed. For example, you don’t move on to the pushup until you’ve completed 5 reps of the pullup, even if you have to stop and start.
Any routine that takes you from standing, down to the ground, and back up to standing again is an amazing kilojule burner, because it really spikes the heart rate.