More Useful Stuff
- +4 Ways To Finish Up Every Single Workout. Every Single Time.
- +4 Health Hacks Women Already Know That You Should Too
- +These 6 Workouts Are Guaranteed To Give You A Flatter Stomach
- +Your Step-By-Step Guide To Winning Her Heart (Assisted By Science)
- +This. Right Here. Is What You'll Be Cooking All Summer Long
This CrossFit Workout of the Day (WOD) burns an average 54 kilojules per minute, according to scientists at Kennesaw State University.
How to Do It
It’s effective because it pairs three exercises—5 pullups, 10 pushups, and 15 air squats— that work different major muscle groups, and you do as many rounds as possible in 20 minutes.
So if you’re in amazing condition, you can go all-out for each one, without slowing down or stopping to recover in between.
If you’re somewhat less than amazing (read: like most people), you simply rest when needed. For example, you don’t move on to the pushup until you’ve completed 5 reps of the pullup, even if you have to stop and start.
Any routine that takes you from standing, down to the ground, and back up to standing again is an amazing kilojule burner, because it really spikes the heart rate.