More Useful Stuff
- +WOAH: Here Are 5 Ways Hypnosis Can Help You Lose Weight, Quit Smoking And Lead A Better Life
- +A Race to the Finish: How to Tackle Stage Racing with Manuel Fumic
- +Do These Things Before You Turn 50
- +Going Bald? Here’s When You Should Shave Your Head
- +Here's Why You Need to Walk More than 10,000 Steps Per Day
Sizzle your shoulders and spike your heart rate with “plate push presses” from Men’s Health Fitness Director B.J. Gaddour.
In fact, the exercise is similar to a push press, except the weight is being pressed horizontally instead of vertically. The benefit: It doesn’t require the same shoulder stability and mobility as overhead pressing, but it still puts a serious demand son your shoulders.
And as you’ll see in the video (below), it’s great athletic training for your lower body. That’s because you drop into a partial or full range of motion squat with each press out, and then explosively jump back up to a standing position.
So like we said, a jumping jack, only better.
Either plug this into a circuit as a cardio or upper body movement, or use it as finisher for your workout by doing 8 to 10 rounds in which you alternate between 20 seconds of work and 10 seconds of rest.