More Useful Stuff
- +4 Rules For Getting Ripped At Any Age
- +"I Was The Fittest I’ve Ever Been & Then I Had A Stroke"
- +This Guy Is Proof That No Excuse Is Too Big To Stand Between You And Your Goals
- +Lessons From This Man Who Dropped 26kg & Found A Whole New Lease On Life
- +13 Variations Of The Plank That Will Sculpt Your Core To Perfection
Hit your front and back with this circuit from the Men’s Health Fitness Director
By BJ Gaddour
Attack your abs and your lats with this core routine. Your lats are considered a part of your core because they assist in stabilizing your spine. The stronger your lats—and the rest of your core—the better your foundation to lift more weight with less risk of injury.
Directions: Perform each move in the following order with little to no rest between exercises.
1. Hollow-body pullup, max reps. Then immediately perform an iso-hold drop set (top, middle, bottom)
2. Eccentric barbell abs rollout, 5 reps
3. Eccentric dumbbell pullover, 15 reps
4. Hollow-body hold, as long as possible
That’s 1 round. Rest 2 minutes. Perform 2 to 4 total rounds.
Originally published on menshealth.com