More Useful Stuff
- +Women Reveal The One Thing That Instantly Attracts Them To You
- +5 Times People Got So Hangry They Nearly Killed For Their Food
- +Feel The Burn In Just 4 Minutes With This Insane Burpee Workout
- +Are Your Testosterone Levels Normal?
- +These Guys Revealed The One Thing They Would Do If It Wasn't Considered Too "Girly"
Want to run better? Then you need these runner’s lunges and stepups in your gym routine.
“They not only improve running mechanics, but they strengthen your hip flexors, quads, and glutes, and improve mobility and stability throughout your lower-body joints,” says Men’s Health Fitness Director BJ Gaddour.
The lunge and stepup combination creates unstoppable, power-packed legs that go faster for longer.
You can plug one of these movements into a total-body circuit as your leg exercise.
Or you can program a 10-minute lower-body workout. Choose either the lunge or the stepup (or mix between both!), and perform reps for 50 seconds. Rest for 10 seconds. Repeat for 10 minutes straight, alternating sides every time.