More Useful Stuff
- +Be A Missionary God With These 6 Skills Stolen From The Kama Sutra
- +8 Ways You Can Catch Her Eye Without Saying a Single Word
- +Fix Your Face With Things You Already Have In Your Fridge
- +Should You Go Gluten-Free? The Truth Behind The World's Most Hated Protein
- +One Of the Best Lower-Body Exercises On the Planet Just Got Even Better
Want to run better? Then you need these runner’s lunges and stepups in your gym routine.
“They not only improve running mechanics, but they strengthen your hip flexors, quads, and glutes, and improve mobility and stability throughout your lower-body joints,” says Men’s Health Fitness Director BJ Gaddour.
The lunge and stepup combination creates unstoppable, power-packed legs that go faster for longer.
You can plug one of these movements into a total-body circuit as your leg exercise.
Or you can program a 10-minute lower-body workout. Choose either the lunge or the stepup (or mix between both!), and perform reps for 50 seconds. Rest for 10 seconds. Repeat for 10 minutes straight, alternating sides every time.