More Useful Stuff
- +This One Snack Will Upgrade Your Cardio Gains
- +President Obama Just Released His Workout Playlist, and It’s Surprisingly Awesome
- +WARNING: These Exercises Will Injure You If You Don't Stop Now
- +Slow Muscle Growth? Fix It With This
- +Got A Shoulder Injury? This Guy Will Show You How To Recover Without The Relapse
You’ve heard countless times how various types of music can help you work up a sweat for longer, and enjoy it more. So what’s new? According to this study, music can also act as an effective reward. German researchers programmed exercise machines to produce music when they were used. The faster the participants went on the machines, the faster and more intricate music was produced as a result. Most of the participants in the study felt their workouts were easier and test results showed that muscles performed more efficiently when the exercisers were producing music. This has been dubbed ‘Jymmin’. No, that is not some weird way of spelling German or a faster and cooler way of saying it. Let’s go, jymmin.