More Useful Stuff
- +Lessons From This Man Who Dropped 26kg & Found A Whole New Lease On Life
- +13 Variations Of The Plank That Will Sculpt Your Core To Perfection
- +Be A Part of The Vodacom Red #BullsFamily Fun Day!
- +10 Deadlifts You Can Do With Just a Pair Dumbbells
- +How Sam Heughan Forged A Body Worthy Of A Scottish Highlander
Gear may help you lift more weight, but at what cost? Wearing knee wraps when you squat can set you up for injury, according to British researchers. “The wrapped knee is more stable, so your body shifts the weight there, which can overload the joint,” says Bill Hartman, personal trainer. Instead of relying on wraps, he says, improve your knee stability by doing three sets of 10 split squats, three days a week. When those become easy, progress to single-leg squats and then to normal squats.