More Useful Stuff
- +How Much Of Your Body Build Can You Really Blame On Genetics?
- +This Is The Toughest Bodyweight Workout Your Upper Body Has Ever Encountered
- +The 3-Move Workout That Gives You 6-Pack Abs
- +Why You Should Eat More And Lift Heavy To Lose Fat
- +7 Things You Do In the Morning That Make You Feel Tired All Day
Gear may help you lift more weight, but at what cost? Wearing knee wraps when you squat can set you up for injury, according to British researchers. “The wrapped knee is more stable, so your body shifts the weight there, which can overload the joint,” says Bill Hartman, personal trainer. Instead of relying on wraps, he says, improve your knee stability by doing three sets of 10 split squats, three days a week. When those become easy, progress to single-leg squats and then to normal squats.