More Useful Stuff
Imagine. You, some friends and a game of volleyball that feels as if it’s never going to end? Not quite as fit as you promised yourself last summer? Join the club. If you’re new to this whole fitness thing, don’t panic. We’ve taken our decades of wellness wisdom to help you get fit and feeling great in just 4 weeks:
- First things first, find a workout plan. Luckily for you we’ve created a 4-week Feel Good Booyah Body Workout Plan – yours free. You’re welcome.
- Next. Give yourself the best chance of smashing your summer fitness goals with the help of a personal trainer. Better still, if you’re a Virgin Active member you can get your hands on our super affordable PT Booster Pack that’ll give you a consultation with one of our expert PTs followed by two training sessions.
- Now let’s talk diet. First prize is a meal plan designed by a registered dietician or you can get a free one developed by our very own dietician on myvirginactive. To get started, cut out foods packed with sugars, preservatives and anything else you can’t pronounce. Then there are these three no-brainers:
- Eat protein within the first 30 minutes after you wake up
- Eat the majority of your carbs around when you train
- Drink lots of water with lemon
- Mix it up. Forget isolated muscle movements and go for high intensity interval training to get your heart rate up for short bursts of time. Try treadmill sprints, burpees and jump rope or go for The Grid. It takes your six primal movements – push, pull, bend, twist and squat – and turns them into an intense, 30-minute workout designed to get you fitter, leaner, stronger and tougher than ever before.
- We’re saving the best for last: Patience. Take it one burpee at a time, one rep at a time, one day at a time. And if you want expert guidance, free meal plans and a club filled with cutting-edge equipment and the latest in group training like The Grid, join Virgin Active. Not only will you get the rest of the month free, we’ll throw in a one-on-one with a fitness instructor to help get you up and active.
0860 200 911