More Useful Stuff
- +This Your Goto Next Time Someone Drops The "But I Don't Have Time To Workout" Excuse
- +This Is Your Soon-To-Be Favourite New Move
- +These 3 Life-Changing Tips Helped This Guy Beat Knee Pain (and get JACKED!)
- +These 6 Workouts Will Cut The Flab, Give You A Flatter Stomach And Have You Looking Like A Cover Guy
- +Big Biceps Could Save Your Life
A healthy body does equal a healthy mind, according to Nicolas Spitzer a professor of Neuroscience at the University of California and the founder of BrainFacts.org.
In a fascinating interview with The Economist, Spitzer noted that:
“Many people think classical music is going to enhance brain function (the Mozart effect) or playing particular games sharpens ones cognitive function. These theories have been looked at in detail and they don’t stand up. It is disappointing in a way, but what we have learned is that exercise is the key thing for brain function.”
Spitzer also explains that crossword puzzles may be fun, but they have no long term positive effect on your brain.
So what does make you smarter?
“Exercise is number one,” said Spitzer. Followed by what you eat and social interaction.