More Useful Stuff
- +How to Make Your Upper Body Instantly Appear More Muscular
- +This Simple CrossFit Body Weight Workout Will Torch 14 Calories A Minute
- +These 3 Exercises Are The Antidote To The Hours You Spend Sitting In Your Office Chair
- +Beef Up Your Bench Press With These 19 Strength Exercises
- +You Can Work Out For 18 Minutes & Burn Fat All Day Long
A healthy body does equal a healthy mind, according to Nicolas Spitzer a professor of Neuroscience at the University of California and the founder of BrainFacts.org.
In a fascinating interview with The Economist, Spitzer noted that:
“Many people think classical music is going to enhance brain function (the Mozart effect) or playing particular games sharpens ones cognitive function. These theories have been looked at in detail and they don’t stand up. It is disappointing in a way, but what we have learned is that exercise is the key thing for brain function.”
Spitzer also explains that crossword puzzles may be fun, but they have no long term positive effect on your brain.
So what does make you smarter?
“Exercise is number one,” said Spitzer. Followed by what you eat and social interaction.