More Useful Stuff
- +How You Can Fall In Love With The Treadmill - Advice From A Guy Who Just Ran 80kms On One!
- +8 Ways Your Running Shoes Are Ruining Your Workout
- +BUSTED: Does Running Hurt Your Knees In The Long Run?
- +You Will Never Get Injured Again - Just Try This
- +Here's What You Can Learn From Babies, Birds And Buffalo To Improve Your Running
Slow start? Just press “play”. Listening to music for the first couple kilometres of a race can help you finish faster, a study from Brazil reveals. When racers slipped their earbuds in early, they shaved seconds off their times, but cranking music during the final leg had no impact. You can also Run 5kms In Less Than 25 Minutes by following these great tips. If you tune in before you feel tired, it’s easier to shift your focus from the burn to the beat, which can motivate you, says study author Dr Adriano Lima-Silva.