More Useful Stuff
- +3 Exercises To Chisel Your Back Into The Perfect Tapered Torso
- +WARNING: These 6 Symptoms Could Mean You Have a Blood Clot
- +5 Nasty Contagious Skin Conditions You Can Pick Up At the Gym
- +Think You'd Notice If You Had A Heart Attack? Think Again
- +Check If You're At Risk For This Scary Side Effect Of Low Blood Pressure
Good things come to those who wait to work out. Hitting the gym in the evening may produce bigger heart benefits than sweating in the AM, according to new research from China. People who regularly worked out after 6pm were 19% less likely to develop heart disease than those who usually exercised before 8am. One theory is that the endothelial tissue that helps blood vessels dilate and contract may not respond as well in the morning to exercise-related changes in bloodflow. Schedule four evening workouts a week, the frequency shown in the study to confer the greatest cardiovascular protection.