More Useful Stuff
- +Lessons From This Man Who Dropped 26kg & Found A Whole New Lease On Life
- +There's a Strange Link Between Your Weight & Your Spouse's
- +This Is How Long Sex Actually Lasts For Most Couples
- +13 Variations Of The Plank That Will Sculpt Your Core To Perfection
- +Be A Part of The Vodacom Red #BullsFamily Fun Day!
Switching up your trainers may prevent your risk of injury.
Researchers tracked 264 recreational runners for 22 weeks by having them log their running sessions (including which shoes they wore), other sport participation, and running-related injuries online.
One-third reported at least one running-related injury during the period.
According to The Scandinavian Journal of Medicine and Sports, running is characterized by the repetition of a large number of almost identical movements with very few variations. Therefore, most running-related injuries are a result of cumulative micro-trauma damage, which put simply are overuse injuries.
Try changing your trainers and give our Guide To The Best Running Trainers a look. If you’re feeling slightly brave, think about giving barefoot running a shot – which according to researchers could also increase your running efficiency.