More Useful Stuff
- +BUSTED: 6 Promises Weight Loss Pills Make That You Should Never Believe
- +Cut This One Thing Out Your Diet And You Won't Wake Up To Pee In The Night
- +The 5 Exercises Every Guy Should Master & Why
- +Doctors Make Mistakes. Here’s How to Help Them Get Your Diagnosis Right
- +Can Watching Porn Really Screw Up Your Relationship?
In a recent British study, cyclists who used self-talk were able to extend their time to exhaustion by 18%. Participants chose four motivational mantras – two for the midphase of a workout and two for the end. Start with upbeat ones: “Feeling good!” “You’re a winner!” As you go, unleash the fatigue blasters, like “Dig deep” and “Push it.”