More Useful Stuff
- +Zero to Hero Week 6: This Guy Has Found 3 Plant-Based Protein Powerhouses That Actually Work
- +5 Ways You Will Start Butchering Meat The Right Way
- +Your Cheat Sheet To Instantly Start Eating Healthier (And Staying Leaner)
- +Pushing 40 And You Still Haven't Found The One?
- +This One Snack Will Upgrade Your Cardio Gains
You’ve heard of hot yoga? Well, now there is cold yoga, or more precisely, snow-yoga a.k.a. snowga.
Mintel analyst observation sees this as a merging of the popularity of yoga, the popularity of getting outdoors, and the growing importance of “experiences.”
The Snowga Facebook page describes the emerging trend as a way to “enliven, enlighten and empower those who want to improve their performance on the slopes through the compassionate teachings and wisdom of yoga”.
According to the New York Times ‘Snowga’ is the creation of Anne Anderson who first “paired yogic breathing with skiing to calm students’ nerves” while she was a ski instructor at Mohawk Mountain in Connecticut.