More Useful Stuff
- +This Lifting Technique Will Make Your Biceps Look Like Baseballs
- +You Can Build A Massive Chest With This One Tweak To Your Pushup Technique
- +Add This Ultimate Plyometric Finisher Onto Your Next Workout For Explosive Gains
- +The Most Effective Interval Workout For Burning Fat
- +Do This One Move Before Your Curls to Build Massive Biceps
Vibration platform may enhance upper body workout
The Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research has shed new light on exercising on a vibrating platform. According to the article exercising on a vibrating platform has not been shown to enhance the effect of lower body exercise on strength, power, or performance. In this study researchers looked at the possible effects of whole-body vibration on upper body exercising. On three separate days 16 recreationally active students came to the lab and performed a set of upper body elbow-extensor exercises to exhaustion while on a vibration platform that was either off, turned on briefly and then off just before the set, or operating during the set. Use of vibration platform during the exercises significantly increased acceleration throughout the set, which could translate to a more effective workout.