More Useful Stuff
- +This Guy Is Proof That No Excuse Is Too Big To Stand Between You And Your Goals
- +Lessons From This Man Who Dropped 26kg & Found A Whole New Lease On Life
- +13 Variations Of The Plank That Will Sculpt Your Core To Perfection
- +10 Deadlifts You Can Do With Just a Pair Dumbbells
- +Transform Club: This Guy Is Shedding Fat And Reclaiming His Athletic Youth
Sunlight is strong! Vitamin D may be the secret to big muscle, says a study in Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise.
Scientists found that people with higher blood levels of D tend to have stronger upper- and lower-body muscles. “The vitamin acts like a hormone. It might affect testosterone,” says Dr Paul Thompson, lead author of the study. Another study found that vitamin D can lead to bone and muscle weakness.
Most adults need 600 IU of vitamin D daily.