More Useful Stuff
- +Forget Running - You Can Burn Double The Calories Doing This
- +The Chest Workout You Will Love to Hate
- +This Is The Toughest Bodyweight Workout Your Upper Body Has Ever Encountered
- +This Will Be The Hardest 60 Seconds Of Exercise You’ll Do All Week
- +Our Cover Guy Runner Up Came Back From The Lowest Point In His Life By Turning To Fitness. Here's How He Did It
Sunlight is strong! Vitamin D may be the secret to big muscle, says a study in Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise.
Scientists found that people with higher blood levels of D tend to have stronger upper- and lower-body muscles. “The vitamin acts like a hormone. It might affect testosterone,” says Dr Paul Thompson, lead author of the study. Another study found that vitamin D can lead to bone and muscle weakness.
Most adults need 600 IU of vitamin D daily.