More Useful Stuff
- +These 6 Workouts Will Cut The Flab, Give You A Flatter Stomach And Have You Looking Like A Cover Guy
- +4 Ways To Finish Up Every Single Workout. Every Single Time.
- +These 6 Workouts Are Guaranteed To Give You A Flatter Stomach
- +President Obama Just Released His Workout Playlist, and It’s Surprisingly Awesome
- +Zero To Hero Week 5: 4 Signs Your Mate Has Started Gyming
Men get more benefit from sprint interval training than women, according to a new study.
Although both sexes experience a similar increase in aerobic capacity, men’s bodies produce more protein as a result of sprint interval exercise.
The study, published in the journal FASEB, looked at how three weeks of high intensity sprint training using a stationary bike affected the bodies of young men and women.
“Just as we move into an era of personalised medicine, this report helps pave the way to personalised fitness,” said Gerald Weissmann, editor-in-chief of The FASEB Journal.” In fact, the two are really part of the same health spectrum: medicine usually fixes problems, and fitness usually prevents them.”
Before adding a high intensity workout into your exercise routine, first check out the ins and outs of High Intensity Interval Training.