More Useful Stuff
- +4 Rules For Getting Ripped At Any Age
- +This Guy Is Proof That No Excuse Is Too Big To Stand Between You And Your Goals
- +Lessons From This Man Who Dropped 26kg & Found A Whole New Lease On Life
- +13 Variations Of The Plank That Will Sculpt Your Core To Perfection
- +10 Deadlifts You Can Do With Just a Pair Dumbbells
Low-weight, high-rep training programs build just as much muscle as the
A review in the journal “Applied Physiology, Nutrition, and Metabolism” concludes that training at a lower intensity but doing more repetitions may be as effective for building muscle as lifting heavy weights fewer times is.
Muscle mass is important for everyone, not just body builders, because it uses energy and blood sugar just being there, which helps prevent obesity and type 2 diabetes.
Since heavy weights and high intensity training are intimidating to many folks it is good news that moderate intensity with more reps is also effective for building muscle.