More Useful Stuff
- +This 5-Move Workout Will Get You Absolutely Shredded
- +Forget Running - You Can Burn Double The Calories Doing This
- +Cut The BS: Nutritionists Reveal The Biggest Weight Loss Porkies They’ve Ever Heard
- +The Chest Workout You Will Love to Hate
- +11 Positions You Should Definitely Try For Maximum Penetration During Sex
I call this combo exercise a “quad-ham sandwich,” and it’s one of my favourite ways to simultaneously hammer the front and back of my legs.
First, perform a dumbbell Bulgarian split squat. Then, at the top of the exercise, do a hip hinge with your back foot still elevated. That’s 1 rep. Focus on your form throughout the entire movement. During the split squat portion, focus on staying tall and moving straight up and down.
While hinging, maintain a flat back and keep the shin of your front leg as vertical as possible to create more tension in your hamstrings.
Below are two ways to program the exercise depending on the results you want. T
o build more muscle: Do 3 to 5 sets of 6 to 8 reps per side. Rest 1 to 2 minutes between sets.
To burn more fat: Do 3 to 5 sets of 10 to 15 reps per side. Rest 30 seconds to 1 minute between sets.